Monday, July 09, 2007

Little Rock City, Tennessee, USA

Happy Happy Happy! While I was in Tennessee I made it (hobbling) to a few crags and boulder fields! I also got an Orthopaedic Surgeon there to have a look at my ankle and give a second opinion. He mostly agreed with what the notes from my Canadian doctor said but pointed out all the details and any concerns I should have. By the way he read the notes I don't think they were very detailed - but that does not surprise me. The US doctor thinks I should try to gradually use it as much as possible (hence the hobbling to the crags) and that eventually it should heal back to full mobility which he says could take up to a year! He says to not worry about wearing the brace. It was reassuring and he told me a few new things that are serious concerns but the chances are so minimal he says he wouldn't even worry. He took about 5-6 more x-rays and explained what he saw in my bones compared to a "normal" x-ray. He was a great help! Talk about a lesson in patience for me = it's now been 17 weeks!

No comments: