Monday, May 28, 2007

Waiting in Toronto, ON

I went to the fracture clinic on the 22 May eager to be referred to a Physiotherapist and start the long process of getting my ankle back to working order! Well the Dr. was happy I can weight the ankle and said I can stop wearing the AirCast. He gave me a brace instead and he finally realised that perhaps the healing was taking a irregularly long time and gave me some paper work for bone and tissue scans. I was able to get an appointment on Thursday 24th. Basically they strapped me onto a machine while I was laying down and injected me with some radioactive fluid that disperses through your body and goes into your tissue. The thing you lay on moved and the slide me into the machine from me knees down. The technician told me the fluid only takes 8 secs to get down into my toes and let me watch on the monitors. After that I was told to drink lots and lots and to come back in 2 hrs to have the bone scan. It was similar but I had my entire body scanned. You must remain completely still while you are laying there and a big machine comes down within a few mm of you. So after all those fun and games, now I have to wait for my next appointment to get the results...

No comments: