Monday, May 14, 2007

Hardwood Hill Lookout Trail, Algonquin Park

Most will think I am crazy - especially after doing a hike and trying to put weight on the foot all day Friday, but on Saturday I wanted to try something just a bit harder. Well the Hardwood Hill Lookout is just a fraction longer and it's not wheelchair accessible so I pretty much knew I was in for a work out... perhaps I should have thought about the fact that a lookout is generally from a high place... this trail (which I have done many years ago) is all up and down hills with trails full of rocks and roots! But do I ever turn down a challenge? No not me! So we had to finish the trail which was definitely pushing me to my current limit! The thing was it is not my ankle that was bothering me, but my wrists! My goal is to be able to put weight on the ankle by the next time I go back to the Fracture Clinic (May 22). After returning from camping I used a scale to estimate about half my weight can be supported on the ankle while it is in the cast and I am standing still. The trouble is - in order to walk ALL of your weight must be on that ankle even if it's just a second while the other foot is lifted up to take the next step...

No comments: