Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Phantasia Wall, RRG, Kentuky, USA

Red River Gorge is one of my favorite places for endless amounts of quality climbing. We did the 10 hr drive down and back again this long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving). My ankle is getting better. It's not great - but it's SLOWLY getting better. At least I am able to get out and enjoy myself. The depressing thing can be thinking of how much I would really LIKE to be doing but can't! I AM lucky to be back outside and on the rock though so I AM thankful! I have also been to see a Sports Medicine Dr who has noticed something in my x-rays. He has requested more x-rays (specific views no one has done before) to further investigate and confirm or rule out the bone chip theory!! In the meantime I am seeing a colleague of his twice a week for acupuncture and deep tissue massages. Regardless of if there is a chip of bone (which could mean surgery) breaking down the massive scare tissue that has developed in my ankle is a major concern. It's seven months later and it'll take a lot of work - but I am staying positive about it. I need my ankle back!!

No comments: