Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Eastern Sky Ridge Bridge LookOut, Red River Gorge, Kentuky

I went back to the Fracture Clinic to see the Orthopedic Surgeon on the 2nd April and he was happy enough with the progress of my ankle. He was kind enough to release me from the 35lbs of suffering that was attached to the end of my leg!!! So now I have an AirCast. Things are good. I still wake up in pain sometimes in the middle of the night, but at least I can get around a lot easier and my knee isn't in as much pain from the extra weight. I was supposed to go on a climbing trip that had been planned since last year sometime. I really didn't think I could go, but since I got the cast changed things have become 100 more comfortable and 100 times easier! It was pretty crazy trying to get to the GoTrain platform and meeting up with the people I was catching a ride with, but in the end I made it. The 11 hour car ride with my leg raised on pillows was very long and a few pain killers were needed, but it was great to get out of the city. I haven't been anywhere but work and my apartment for the last month! I got to see people and even made it to a couple crags to watch. Yeay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AIR CAST!

Way to go. Now your out in nature again. All it takes is some creative ways to get out.


Is it Spring yet?
Happy Earth Day!

Anonymous said...

Air Cast way to go!

That's great that you can now get out with friends.

So you started with scrambling what sport will you try next?

I just had a great weekend of kayaking in the harbour and then canoeing one of the local rivers.

Have some fun adventure girl