Sunday, March 18, 2007

Toronto, ON (At Home for a Week!)

This is the best I can do folks. I can't do much better than this. Last Monday (March 12th) I rolled my ankle and "broke" it. I went to the ER and waited patiently until a doctor had time to see me. Finally they gave me lots of drugs, I had some crazy dreams, they set my ankle, took some x-rays, refused to let me eat and told me that I would have to have surgery in the morning and possibly have 2 pins put into my ankle. I tried to sleep (but barely did) until morning when the Orthopedic Surgeon came in early in the morning, took some more x-rays and said that although the ankle had been set very well, the cast had not. So the cast was taken off and a new one put on. I was then told that I did not need surgery and I would be discharged but I was not allowed to put weight on it or do anything. I was given pain killers and crutches and told to come back for an appointment and more x-rays. So to date I still don't know if it's dislocated, fractured or broken... Tomorrow is the big day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there also in a cast for my ankle,broke it in 2 places skiing and also just escaped surgery but i have to be in the cast 8-12 weeks and the first week is coming to an end and I want to rip it off!!! it's pretty uncomfortable and the crutches are a huge pain.Anyway how are you feeling?Feel free to email me mortgagebank1@gmail.com,David.

Carl said...

Don't let your doctor see this photo otherwise he will lock you up.

Anonymous said...

Keep smilling!
Looking forward to see how creative your next pictures will be.
Wonder how you decorated your cast?
With your foot in a cast(if you can keep it dry) you might have to go paddling more often. Wonder what is the best way to keep a cast dry?

IAM said...

Your blog is neat, how do you get to travel so much?