Saturday, February 03, 2007

La Cloche Silhouette Trail, Killarney Prov Park, ON

Well a 100km snowshoe trail, a pretty cool 4 season tent, a borrowed -40 sleeping bag, new fleece pants to add as one of many layers, frozen food, water, fingers and toes, -30 degree weather and a stove that was functional at best... all lead to a scaled down version of this ambitious little trip. Still - a week off work and being in snow covered forest with nothing but our gear and the beautiful peace and quiet was all I needed to rejuvenate and "get away" for a while. I WILL do the whole trail - but I might just wait 'til spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cold for bare feet?

leedaclimber said...

Do you like being cold? burr!

Jeff C. said...

That must have been great. I've done that trail in the summer and hardly saw a soul, so I can only imagine your solitude and the beauty of that area in winter.